Cristiano Ronaldo scores last-minute winner on record-breaking 200th appearance for Portugal

by - January 14, 2024

“So happy,” Ronaldo told uefa.com after the match. “It’s the kind of moment you never expect, to reach 200 caps. For me it’s an unbelievable achievement.

“To be in the Guinness World Records is amazing and to score the winning goal is even more special. So I have to say thank you to the stadium, to Iceland, 

The people, the fans, the stadium for having this kind of party for me.

“Also to the Portugal national team, the federation. I’m so happy. It’s a special day, I have to say thank you to all of them. They made my day. They made my night.”

Iceland’s Willum Willumsson was sent off after being shown is second yellow card with 10 minutes remaining, opening the door for a Portugal winner.

You May Also Like

0 Comments