Ronaldo injured; status for friendly vs. Messi, Inter Miami unknown

by - January 24, 2024

Cristiano Ronaldo issued a public apology after he suffered an injury that contributed to Al Nassr's postponement of their preseason tour of China. 

While his fitness status ahead of a showdown with Lionel Messi and Inter Miami on Feb. 1 is unknown.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner did not specify of the extent of the calf injury that ruled him out of fixtures against Shanghai Shenhua on Wednesday and Zhejiang on Sunday.

"Well, guys, for me, today's a sad day. Because I want to say sorry to the Chinese fans, especially in Shenzhen. Because as you know, in football, some things you cannot control," Ronaldo told a news conference.

"As you know, I played 22 years in football and I'm the player who doesn't have too many injuries. So I'm really sad, because Al Nassr and myself, we come here to China to enjoy the tour.

You May Also Like

0 Comments